Sunday, April 3 — Resilience and Restoration… A Workshop for Parents as Caregivers
Join with other parents in this afternoon of mindful movement, stretching, breathing, relaxation and connection. This workshop is specifically for parents (and other family caregivers) of children with special needs, disabilities or chronic illness to take a break from caregiving in order to build your own strength and reserves. All are welcome – no experience with yoga necessary. The workshop will include:
- Yoga poses for back and core strength
- Restorative yoga and breathing practices to support sleep and stress reduction
- Meditation to help bring focus and ease to minds often overflowing with to-do lists
- Space for joy, grief, anger, celebration, joy, and all the ups-and-downs of your unique parenting journey
Sunday, April 3, 1-4 pm at the Seattle Children’s Playgarden
— Workshop is $35 early-bird, $40 day-of —
* Scholarships available – contact Krista for information *
Space is limited, so you must preregister to reserve your space.
Please bring a mat, a water bottle, and wear comfortable clothes. I have some mats available to borrow. We will be practicing indoors, with windows out onto the beautiful gardens.